Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 Setup – An Updated Guide
Have you got your hands on a Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 5-stream dual-band WiFi 6 router? Well, that’s an amazing thing. Aren’t you enjoying its marvelous services and features? No? It seems that you lack the knowledge to install it. Worry not! It’s not an ordeal. You can get this 4.1Gbps WiFi router up and running using two methods that are mentioned below:
A. Manual Method – It requires you to access the web-based management panel of the router
B. Nighthawk app – As the name suggests, this approach makes use of a mobile app
Now, let’s come to the focal point and discuss how to set up the AX4200 WiFi router using these two approaches. But, before that, let us put some light on the prerequisites that will help you get success with the process.
Prerequisites: Netgear AX4200 Router Setup
Since your Netgear WiFi router requires a working internet connection to get installed, therefore, get your hands on a functional MODEM first. The second thing you need will be an ETHERNET CABLE that you might have received with the router package. Apart from this, you will need a COMPUTER or a MOBILE PHONE depending on the method chosen for the installation process. If we talk about the default admin details of the router, then the username is admin and the password is password. Use the web address routerlogin.net to access the web-based management panel in the manual method.
Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 Setup via Manual Method
- Connect your AX4200 to a socket present in the room where the modem is placed.
- Power down your modem first of all. In case, it uses a battery, pull it out very carefully.
- Now, you are required to grab an Ethernet cable and connect the router and modem.
Ports to be used: Netgear AX5 WiFi router – Internet port (WAN) and the modem – LAN1 port
- Once you connect your WiFi devices, you are suggested to power up the modem.
- After the LED lights on the modem get some stability, switch on the router.
- Time to switch on your computer and connect it to the AX5 router’s WiFi network.
- The SSID and network key can be located on the router’s label.
- Now, open Chrome/Edge/ Safari/Firefox and go to the URL bar.
- Input www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
Quick Tip: For optimal results, be very sure that the browser chosen by you is running on an upgraded software version.
- Your AX4200 router will now check for an internet connection.
- Thereafter, you will be asked whether you want to go for the Router mode or another.
- Now, select if you wish to configure the router with the help of Netgear Genie or not.
- We suggest you opt for the manual approach.
- Set the admin password for your router and answer a few security questions.
- Lastly, skip the firmware update and configure other settings.
- The BASIC Home screen will appear indicating Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 setup success.
You were asked to skip the Firmware Update part during the installation process. But, you can complete the process after setting up the Nighthawk router. But, make sure that you log in to the router using the new password this time.
Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 Setup via Mobile App
The previous section made you aware of the steps to complete the router’s installation process via the manual method. This section will cover the essential steps to be followed to get success with the setup process via the Nighthawk app. Here we go.
- Use the first 5 steps of the manual method to create connections and power up devices.
- Now, you are suggested to unlock your mobile phone and connect it to the router’s WiFi.
- The SSID and WiFi password of the AX4200 are written on the label.
- Thereafter, download the Nighthawk app through the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the app and create your Netgear account.
- You might also choose to log in to your router through default admin details.
- Once done, walk through the instructions appearing on the app’s dashboard.
Our guide disclosing the steps to set up a Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 ends here. We are assuming that with the help of one of the methods mentioned above, you will be able to complete the configuration of your router.
Now, the only thing you are required to do is connect your client devices to the WiFi network of the router and start enjoying the internet. And yes, make sure to use the updated WiFi password now as you might have changed it during the installation process. To make sure that your router outperforms always, you should keep its firmware updated and never overburden it.