My Nighthawk R8000P Firmware Needs an Update. How to Do?
If your Nighthawk R8000P firmware needs an update, then you should not delay initiating the process. But, do you know the process of updating the router’s firmware? If not, then the details given in this post can help you out. In this very write-up, we will try to tell you about the firmware update process of your WiFi router. In addition to this, you will also become familiar with the benefits of performing firmware updates. With that said, keep reading.
What are the Benefits of Updating R8000P Firmware?
Out of numerous benefits, improvement in efficiency is the topmost advantage offered by a firmware update. You might be unaware but a firmware update arrives with a new set of instructions that decides the functions to be carried out by the router. If you avoid installing the latest firmware version on the router, it will not only start lacking the latest features and functionalities but its efficiency will also get degraded. Hence, upgrading the Nighthawk R8000P firmware becomes important. Apart from improving the efficiency of the router, the following are the benefits of regularly updating the firmware:
- YOUR home network’s security will be improved.
- The time of execution of the functions carried out with the help of a router gets reduced.
- You do not need to invest in a new networking device every other month as the router will get equipped with the features possessed by its contemporaries.
Now that you are aware of the importance of equipping your WiFi router with the latest firmware version, it is time to learn about the process. For this, walk through the next section.
How to Update Nighthawk R8000P Firmware?
Here’s what to do if your Nighthawk R8000P firmware needs an update:
- First of all, verify all cable connections. They must be stable.
- Now, you are required to gain access to a laptop or a computer.
- Connect the chosen device to the router’s network.
- You can also take the help of a LAN connection for the same.
- Once done, load an internet browser and move to the address field.
- After reaching there, input routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- Upon hitting Enter, you will see the Nighthawk R8000P login portal.
- Enter the router’s admin credentials there and click Log In.
- The Status page or the router’s BASIC Home screen will show up.
- Now, you need to navigate to a new tab and visit netgear.com.
- Find the Download Center link and enter the model number i.e. R8000P on the next window.
- Look for the latest firmware version released by Netgear.
- Download the same file and save it on your computer.
- You might also need to unzip the file.
- Now, get back to the browser tab where you’ve just accessed the Netgear router’s dashboard.
- Click Management and then Firmware Update.
- The next window will ask you to upload the firmware file.
- So, find the one you’ve just downloaded and upload it.
- Within a few seconds, the firmware file will start uploading and the process might be completed in a few minutes.
So, this is what you need to do if your Nighthawk R8000P firmware needs an update. Keep in mind not to do anything with your router till it gets rebooted as an indication of the completion of the firmware update process. To be specific, do not try to switch off the router, disconnect any cable, or refresh the browser’s tab while the firmware update process is in progress. Apart from this, playing games or running heavy applications on the computer or laptop is not recommended during the process.
What to Do If You Cannot Update R8000P Firmware?
There can be a chance that after walking through this entire process, the firmware of your router won’t get updated. Well, you should not be disappointed in that case. All you need to do is:
- Upgrade the web browser in use
- Ensure that the firmware file corresponds to the model number of the WiFi router
- Check the Ethernet connections involved in the process. The cables should be damage-free.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software on the PC
- Avoid performing background activities on the computer during the process.
With that, we have reached the end of the post explaining what to do if your Nighthawk R8000P firmware needs an update. We are very hopeful that with the help of the steps mentioned in this guide, you will be able to equip your WiFi router with the latest firmware version easily.
Once you are done upgrading your router, you can resume your networking journey again by connecting your client devices to the router’s WiFi network.