Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 Having Issues Getting Full Speed?
Even though the Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 (R8000P) router is a marvelous networking gadget, there exists a percentage of users who experience issues with it. But, when it comes to the number of users facing download speed issues while using the router, it is far more than expected.
On the off-chance, you are among the users who are not getting the required gigabyte downloading speeds with the router; you can rely on this troubleshooting post to fix the issue. But, before all that, you are supposed to check all wired connections related to the router. This is because many stances have been noticed where damaged cables were the main culprit behind speed issues with Netgear routers. Mainly two cable connections are related to a WiFi router brought in by Netgear that are mentioned as follows:
When it comes to the Power cable, it does what its name suggests i.e. it serves the purpose of supplying power to the Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 (R8000P) router. To ensure that the router gets stable electricity and there are no speed drops due to the same reason, be sure that you are using the genuine cable that came with the router at the time of purchase. On the other hand, the Ethernet cable is known for connecting the router to the modem. It is supposed to be free of damages and must be capable of higher data transfer when employed. If that does not help in getting full speed, you should look forward to installing the latest firmware version on the WiFi router. Move to the next section to learn how.
How to Update Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 Firmware?
We suggest you update the firmware because it controls overall activities carried out by the router. If it becomes outdated, your router becomes devoid of the latest technology and features.
The process of updating the WiFi router firmware involves the assessment of the Netgear Nighthawk login URL. Therefore, have a PC ready at hand. Just in case you do not want to carry out the process using a desktop or laptop, use the Nighthawk mobile app instead. To know how to update the firmware through the app, refer to the product’s manual. Otherwise, follow these steps to complete the process through the manual approach:
- Check the Ethernet and other connections related to your WiFi router.
- If the connections are appropriate, load an internet browser on your computer.
- The computer is supposed to be connected to the Nighthawk AC4000 (R8000P) router.
- You can connect your router and computer through an Ethernet cable or WiFi.
- Now, go to the address bar of the browser and visit routerlogin.com.
- Input the R8000P WiFi router’s valid admin details and log in to it.
- Locate Maintenance > Firmware Update on the BASIC Home screen.
- Select Check Now.
- The router will detect the presence of a new firmware version (if available).
- Give a shot at the instructions showing up on the screen and complete the process.
As soon as your Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 (R8000P) router reboots after the firmware update, check whether the router has started getting the full gigabyte downloading speeds or not. If not, you can take the aid of the next section to learn more techniques.
Other Fixes: Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 Speed Issues
i) Power Cycle the R8000P Router
There is a possibility that your WiFi router is not providing you with full gigabyte downloading speeds due to a temporary glitch. Do you know that you are making it the permanent one by not power cycling your router? Thus, what are you waiting for, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Unplug your WiFi router from its respective power outlet.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable linking the Nighthawk AC4000 router and modem.
- You are now suggested to wait for a few minutes.
- Re-create the connection between your WiFi devices.
- Replug the router and power it up again.
ii) Assign a New Location to Router
Assigning a new location to the WiFi router is recommended if even after making the aforementioned attempts you are not getting the desired download speeds. Maybe your router’s current location has become an inappropriate one due to the presence of WiFi interference factors.
Know that when the router sits in an interference zone, it not only struggles to get connected to the internet but its performance also degrades. Keep the following points in mind while you relocate the router:
- Ensure that your router is away from televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc.
- Keep your AC4000 router far from reflexive surfaces.
- Do not make your router sit in an area where too many metal objects are present.
In the End
Now, we’ve reached the end of the post where we will be summing up everything we’ve discussed so far. You got to learn that cables related to the router can cause sudden drops in downloading speeds. Thus, always keep them top-notch.
Apart from this, you also became aware of the relation between the firmware update and the router’s performance. Furthermore, we shed light on 2 most important troubleshooting tips i.e. power cycling and relocation that can help you fix issues with your Netgear Nighthawk AC4000 (R8000P) router. Now, we hope that you have resolved speed issues with the router and are having a smooth networking experience.