How Do I Factory Reset Nighthawk Router?
Resetting a device is counted as one of the most fruitful hacks that come into light when every simple technique fails. Here, in this blog, you will get to learn how to factory reset Nighthawk router. This is to inform you that the router can be reset in the following cases:
- When the router is not working properly
- If you are facing network-related issues with the router
- You’re seeing red or orange light on the router
These are only three cases. But, the router can always be reset if you are simply not satisfied with its current settings and want to start everything fresh. So, walk through the blog and learn the steps to reset your WiFi router. Factory resetting the wireless router will erase every setting that you’ve customized to date. It means you will gain a chance to configure it again from the very beginning.
Steps to Factory Reset Nighthawk Router
Since it is very clear that resetting will wipe out all customized settings including admin password, SSID, network key, Parental Control, Guest Network, and everything, you can consider taking a backup of such settings. If you do not want to do that, take the help of the instructions highlighted here:
- First of all, disconnect every device that is connected to your WiFi router.
- You are also supposed to disconnect the modem from the router.
- Once done, grab a paper clip or a similar object.
- Thereafter, use it to press the RESET button on your WiFi router.
- You can locate the button at the backside of the router.
- Keep the button pressed for 15-30 seconds and release it.
- Your WiFi router will reset.
This is how one can factory reset Nighthawk router. It is believed that you will be able to restore the router to its default factory settings using these steps. Use the following details to log in to your router again and set it up.
- User Name: admin
- Password: password
These details are in lowercase and must be entered as it is due to their case-sensitive nature. Just in case the Reset button on your router is not working or you want to know an alternative to the method that you’ve just learned, scroll down. The next section will provide you with highlights to factory reset Nighthawk router using another method called the Soft Reset method.
Resetting Nighthawk Router via Soft Reset
The soft reset approach of resetting the router will need you to login to it and access the Settings. Here are the instructions that you should be following if you want to reset the router:
- Firstly, switch off the entire home network.
- When we say the entire network, it should include modem, router, and computer.
- Done? Now, cable the router and modem via the Internet and LAN1 port.
- You should ensure that the connection is finger-tight.
- Switch on the modem now.
- The next step is to power up the router.
- On your PC, visit routerlogin.net using an updated internet browser.
- The moment the login screen appears, enter the customized username and password.
- Are you on the BASIC Home screen now? Well, click the Advanced tab now.
- 1Follow the path Administration > Backup Settings > Erase.
- Wait for a while and let every customized setting get deleted.
- Very soon, you will be prompted to log in to the router with default details.
In this way, you can opt for the web GUI approach to reset your router. Now, all you have to do is set up the router again to resume your networking experience.
The Final Thoughts
And with that, we’ve reached the end of the post. We hope that you’ve successfully reset your router using any approach discussed here. You learned that resetting will wipe out all the customized settings. You also got familiar with the scenarios in which you might need to reset the router. Not only this, but we also cleared the fact that performing a factory reset comes with the responsibility of setting up the device again from scratch. So, once you factory reset the Nighthawk router, be ready to use either the Manual method or the Nighthawk app to reconfigure it. Using the Nighthawk app will facilitate an easy setup process as the app itself will guide you through each and every step of the setup process. On the other hand, using the web GUI or the Manual method will provide you with the ability to customize the router’s settings more effectively. The choice is all yours! However, it is advised to keep the product’s manual handy if you do not want to face any problems during its re-installation.