How to Set Up Netgear AC1900 Extender Using Netgear Nighthawk App?
Using the Netgear Nighthawk app is the easiest way to set up a Netgear WiFi extender and enjoy a blazing-fast internet connection. It takes only a few minutes of your time to install a Netgear AC1900 WiFi extender and access the internet. All you need to do is to follow a few simple step-by-step instructions.
But, before you do that, let’s first make you aware of the amazing benefits of using a Netgear Nighthawk app. Let’s get on with it, shall we?
Topmost Features of Netgear Nighthawk App
- Easy-to-implement setup process
- Set up parental controls
- Keep a check on the internet speed
- Block internet access for unauthorized users
- Wireless sharing option
- Update the firmware of your WiFi device
- Put a pause on the internet for a specific time period
In order to perform Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 setup using the Nighthawk app, below-mentioned are the guidelines that you need to follow:
AC1900 Extender Setup Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
- First things first, establish a connection between the extender and your home router.
- Plug your extender into a wall socket and power it on.
- Then, unlock your mobile device and download the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- If you’re using an Android device, then download the app from the Google Play Store.
- And if you’re using an iOS device, then download the app from the App Store.
- As soon as the application gets installed, click on the Create account option.
- Fill in the default login credentials and press the Enter key.
- Now, adhere to the on-screen instructions displayed on the Basic Home screen.
Note: Make sure that you carefully follow the on-screen steps. Otherwise, you won’t be successfully able to perform Netgear Nighthawk extender setup.
In case, despite being careful you aren’t able to set up your AC1900 WiFi device, then here’s how to troubleshoot the issue.
Troubleshooting Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup Issues
Get the Hardware in Check
Is the power cable that you’re using damaged? If the answer is yes, then it is recommended that you get it replaced immediately. Also, ensure that the cable isn’t loose. It is supposed to be finger-tight for a proper power supply.
Keep a Visible Distance Between the Devices
If your Netgear AC1900 extender and home router are stuck to each other, then it’s high time that they get separated. The reason being, lack of distance between both these devices will make their WiFi signals clash.
No Electronic Devices Allowed
If your Netgear extender is surrounded by electronic devices, reflexive surfaces, water tanks, and transmitting appliances, then ensure that it isn’t. Such devices are known to create interference in the WiFi signals of your device, resulting in the partial setup.
Mobile Device Ought to Be Charged
Did you charge your mobile device before getting started with the Netgear AC1900 extender setup process? Well, a dying battery is another reason why you might be facing issues while setting up your WiFi range extender. Thus, ensure that the battery of your mobile device is full before you use it to set up the extender.
We hope that these troubleshooting tips were able to help you in getting rid of the Netgear AC1900 extender setup issues. For further assistance, feel free to contact us. We are available 24/7 to clear all your doubts.
Perform a Factory Default Reset
Here are the steps that you need to consider in order to reset your Netgear WiFi device:
- Look for the Reset button on your device.
- Did you find it?
- Once, you find it, press it