Ultimate Guide For Beginner’s To Set Up Nighthawk R7000 Extender
Is your router not giving you the expected internet range? Are the signals of your WiFi network breaking while streaming movies? Shopping websites like Amazon or Flipkart taking too long to respond? If yes, then the situation is quite serious. The issues you are facing with your WiFi network can be troublesome.
So, what have you done to fix the issue? Replaced your modem or updated your router’s firmware? Stop beating a dead horse! Though router and modem are the backbone of a home networking system, sometimes they are not capable of providing you the desired internet range in every nook and cranny of your house. In such a situation, installing an extender can help you in a big way.
If you are in the search of best extenders, then we’ve got your back! Nighthawk R7000 is one of the best devices to take your internet experience to the next level. Walk through the steps below to know how to set up R7000.
Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Extender
Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 mesh extender boosts the range of your existing WiFi network and delivers the extreme dual-band WiFi up to 1900Mbps. This smart WiFi range extender works with any router & ideal for HD video streaming & online gaming.
Consider the upcoming Nighthawk extender setup process and get the whole-home WiFi connectivity in a matter of minutes for your iPads, tablets, Mac books, PCs, and laptops..
Nighthawk R7000 Extender Setup Process
To set up WiFi extender, follow the steps below.
- Connect your Nighthawk R7000 extender to your main router with an Ethernet cable.
- Plug them both into a working power outlet.
- Take a device and turn it on.
- Open a web browser on your device and enter www.mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- NEW EXTENDER SETUP page displays. If not, make sure that the URL is entered correctly (without typos) in the browser’s address bar, not in the search bar.
- Select the WiFi Range Extender option, enter the passphrase (network key) and click on Next.
- Connect your devices to extender’s WiFi network.
- Click on Continue once you’re done.
- Register your device in the next step and click on Finish to complete the Nighthawk AC1900 setup process.
Connect your Devices to Extended Network Using WPS
To use WPS method for adding a WiFi-enabled device to your extender’s WiFi network:
- Launch a web browser on your device.
- In the browser’s address bar, enter mywifiext.net.
- Enter the admin details when prompted.
- Click on the Menu icon.
- Extender menu displays.
- Select the Settings >Do More > Connect Devices (WPS) option.
- Leave the Push Button selected (recommended).
- Click on the WPS button.
- After some time, go to your WiFi-enabled device and press the WPS button.
- In order to verify whether your device is connected to the extender’s WiFi network or not, select Settings and then Connected Devices option.
If connected, your WiFi device displays on screen.
Use PIN Method for Nighthawk R7000 Extender Setup
To use the PIN method to connect a device to your extender’s WiFi network, you must know the PIN of the device you are trying to connect.
To add a device to your extender’s WiFi network:
- Load up an internet browser.
- Enter the WiFi extender IP address.
- Type in your extender’s login credentials.
- Hit the Menu icon.
Extender menu displays.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Do More.
- Click on Connect Devices (WPS).
Connect Devices (WPS) screen displays.
- Click on the PIN Number radio button.
- Enter the PIN of your WiFi-enabled device.
- Once done, click on the Next button.
- Select Settings > Connected Devices option in order to verify that your device is connected to the extender’s WiFi network.
WiFi device screen displays.
Use WPS to Connect your Nighthawk R7000 Extender to your Router
You can use WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS) method to connect your Nighthawk R7000 extender to your main router without typing your router’s WiFi network name (SSID) or password (network key).
To use WPS method to connect your extender to your main router:
- Make sure that your Nighthawk R7000 extender is powered on.
- Push the WPS button on your WiFi extender.
- Both the Link Rate LEDs and the Device to Extender LED will blink green for two minutes.
- Push the WPS button on your main router.
Nighthawk AC1900 setup process has successfully completed using the WPS method.
So, these were the Nighthawk AC1900 setup steps. Just in case, if you stuck in between the configuration process of your device, feel free to interact with our highly-experienced experts.