Want to Set Up Guest Network on Netgear Router? Let’s Help!
Netgear Nighthawk routers are a blessing for the digital world. The reason being, they allow users to enjoy a lag-free internet connection throughout their homes. Apart from providing a reliable internet connection, Nighthawk routers come equipped with various features that work together to provide a wonderful digital experience to users. One such feature is the Netgear guest network. By setting up a guest network on their Netgear Nighthawk routers, users need not reveal the WiFi password of the main network to guests. So, if you have a number of guests visiting your home, you should set up guest network on your Nighthawk router.
Wondering how to set up guest WiFi network on your Netgear router? So, let’s put an end to your curiosity and hop up to the steps to set up a Netgear guest network on your Nighthawk router. FYI, you can set up guest WiFi either using the Nighthawk router app or the Manual method. Read on to know the guidelines to create a guest network.
Before You Set Up Guest Network
Before you proceed to set up guest network on your Netgear Nighthawk router, get access to the following requirements:
- An Ethernet cable
- A working power socket
- The default admin details of your Netgear Nighthawk router
- A PC or a mobile device (depending on the method you choose to set up the guest WiFi)
Once you fulfill the above-mentioned requirements, start the process of creating a guest network on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Steps to Set Up Guest Network Using Manual Method
In the manual method to create a guest network, users need to access a web browser on their PC. Follow the steps given below in order to set up guest network on the Nighthawk router using the manual method:
- Start by powering up your Netgear router. For this, plug the router into a working wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Grab the Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the router and another to the modem.
- Switch on your PC and open a web browser that you love to use.
- Go to the address bar and enter the default web address of your Netgear Nighthawk router into it.
- Press Enter to get redirected to the Nighthawk router login screen.
- Once there, enter the default admin details of the router and click Log In.
- When taken to the Netgear Genie dashboard, select the Guest Network option under the Settings tab.
- Now, scroll down to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz section to set up guest network for either band.
- Confirm that the Enable SSID Broadcast checkbox is selected. Else, a hidden guest network will get created.
- Thereafter, enter the SSID and password for the Netgear guest WiFi network.
- Select a security option.
- Click the Apply button.
In this manner, you can set up a guest network on your Netgear Nighthawk router using the manual method. Just in case the changes you have made to your router do not get reflected, get in touch with our proficient experts for immediate help.
Steps to Set Up Guest Network via Nighthawk App
Managing Netgear devices is like walking on a piece of cake with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk app. Whether you have done Netgear Nighthawk extender setup or router setup, you can manage your WiFi devices just by a tap on your phone. But, when it comes to set up guest network on the router using the Nighthawk app, users find it a little difficult. That is why we have provided a breakdown of steps explaining the process of configuring a guest WiFi on the router below:
- Ensure that the Netgear router is turned on and properly connected to the modem.
- Once ensured, unlock your mobile device.
- Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Note: If you haven’t installed the Netgear Nighthawk app, you can get it from the Google Play Store or App Store with respect to the OS of the mobile device you are using.
- Use the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router to log in to it.
- As soon as you reach the BASIS Home screen, tap the Guest WiFi tile.
- Select a WiFi band for which you want to set up guest network on the Nighthawk router.
- The Guest WiFi settings screen will be displayed.
- Now, tap the slider for the Guest WiFi Enabled option.
- Type the network name (SSID) and network key (password ) for the guest network into the given fields.
- Select the time period for which you want the guest WiFi network to be active on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Lastly, save the changes you have made to your Nighthawk router.
That’s it! You have successfully set up guest network on your router using the Nighthawk app. From now onwards, you need not be reluctant to share the WiFi password with guests. So, let your guests use the WiFi network without worrying about the security of your main network.
Netgear guest WiFi is one of the greatest features of the router that ensures the security of your home network. Here’s to hope that you will be able to set up guest network on your Netgear Nighthawk router using the guidelines discussed in this post. On the off-chance, you aren’t, contact our experts. They will surely help you.