[Solved] Netgear Router Keeps Dropping WiFi Connection
Netgear WiFi routers are one of the most popular networking devices used worldwide, yet sometimes, a lot of users experience technical glitches with it. And the most common issue is Netgear router keeps dropping WiFi connection. If you are also facing the same issue, you have reached the right post. Here, we will let you know several troubleshooting tips to fix the Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router keeps disconnecting issue. Let’s take the plunge.
Fixed: Netgear Router Keeps Dropping WiFi
There are two main methods to get the Netgear router keeps dropping internet connection issue fixed. They are:
- Update Your Netgear Router’s Firmware
- Factory Reset Your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi Router
Let’s get started
1. Update Your Netgear Router’s Firmware
Netgear periodically introduces the firmware updates for their routers. The router firmware update is quite similar to the desktop updates. The latest firmware version solves various technical issues related to the router as well as improves its functionality and connectivity.
In case your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router is running an obsolete firmware version, update it by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Take an Ethernet cable and make a wired connection between your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router and the existing modem using it.
- Ensure that there are no sort of cuts in the Ethernet cable you are using.
- Turn on your Netgear WiFi router and the modem.
- After that, launch your preferred web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Now, go to the Netgear router login web page.
- Enter the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Advanced section.
- Choose the Firmware Update or Router Update option.
- Click on the Check button.
- Wait until the Netgear wireless router check the new available firmware version.
- In the event that the new update is available, hit the Yes button.
Thus, one can update the Netgear WiFi router firmware. No matter whether you have employed the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 setup or any other router model setup, the steps to update the firmware will remain the same as mentioned above. Now, check if your Netgear router keeps dropping WiFi connection or not.
2.Factory Reset Your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi Router
Still your Netgear router keeps disconnecting? Not to worry! Just do factory reset your Netgear router and get the issue fixed shortly. You can reset your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router via two ways: Hard Reset and Soft Reset.
1. Hard Reset
Follow the steps outlined below to hard reset your Nighthawk router:
- Power up your Netgear wireless router by plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Take a paper clip or any other thin object.
- Locate the Reset button on your Nighthawk WiFi router.
- Afterward, push the Reset button using a paper clip.
- Let the router reboot itself.
Your Netgear router has been reset to the default settings. Now, you have to reconfigure your router.
In order to soft reset your Netgear WiFi router, do the following:
- Put your Nighthawk router on power.
- Connect it to the modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Open your preferred web browser on a PC or laptop.
- Go to routerlogin.net web page.
- You can also use Nighthawk app to soft reset your Netgear WiFi router.
- Log in to your Netgear router using the admin ID and passphrase.
- After logging in, head over to the Advanced section.
- Click on the Factory Reset button.
- Wait until the router reboot itself.
In this manner, you can soft reset your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router. Now, check whether the Netgear router keeps dropping WiFi connection issue is solved or not. On the off chance if you are still struggling with the same issue, contact our technical experts and let them help you out.