Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update to Fix the Red Light!
Some people are having problems with their Netgear extenders because of a red light. Today, we are going to tell you about the process of your Netgear extender firmware update. If you follow these steps, you should be able to fix the red light on your extender and get uninterrupted service.
Well, before we start the process of firmware update, we would like to tell you why is firmware update vital for your Netgear extender? This is so that you can understand the importance of firmware update and remember to keep your device updated from time to time.
Why Firmware Update Is Important For Netgear Extender?
When Netgear releases new firmware updates for its extender, it usually includes bug fixes and adds improvements as well as new features. So it’s important to download and install these updates whenever they’re available, otherwise, your extender will continue to have red light issue.
However, in case you experience any kind of issues during the Netgear extender services likewise face the blinking red light on the extender and Nighthawk keeps disconnecting issue, then immediately perform the firmware update because only firmware is the hack to tackle these problems. Now let’s start the process of the Netgear extender firmware update.
Prerequisite of Netgear Extender Firmware Update
Well, before we proceed to the Netgear extender firmware update process, you need to make sure that you have the following things:
- Constant and sufficient power supply
- Attach the hardware of the extender like antennas if available
- Strong and active internet connection
- Note down the model number of your Netgear extender
Thus, once you have all these things ready, and then get started with the process of firmware update of your Netgear extender now!
Update Netgear Extender Firmware
There are several important steps that you need to follow to perform Netgear extender firmware update.
The following steps will be outlined below:
- Firstly, you need to give a constant power connection to the Netgear extender by plugging it into the wall outlet.
Note: You need to make sure that the power socket is not damaged because sometimes a damaged wall outlet does not supply sufficient power to the Netgear extender. Therefore, the extender blinks the red light.
- Thereafter, turn on the power button of the Netgear extender.
- You need to connect both devices, i.e. Netgear extender and host router with a strong connection source. You can use wireless mode and Ethernet cable.
Note: You need to keep one thing in your mind if you use the Ethernet cable to make the connection between the Netgear extender and router then use the quality Ethernet cable and non-damage.
- After that, switch on your devices like your computer and laptop, for the further process.
- Open the internet browser in your system.
Note: You need to use the latest version of the web browser during the firmware update because the old web browser sometimes not supports the extender login page.
- Once you open the latest version of the internet browser on your device you need to type the official web address of the extender ‘mywifiext’ in the address bar.
- Press the Enter button, then you will see the login page of the Netgear extender.
In case you face any issue during the Netgear extender login then you can take our expert help who is always ready to help you!
- Put the username and password into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The Netgear extender dashboard will appear on the screen, where you need to go to the main menu and select the firmware update option.
- You have to wait for some time to proceed with the firmware update.
Therefore, these are the steps that you need to follow to get your Netgear extender updated. Moreover, you need to perform all the steps as they mentioned above because if you skip any point then the whole process will halt, and you will not able to get the Netgear extender firmware update which means you will face the red light on the extender continuously.
Hope, you liked this blog about the Netgear extender firmware update and how it can resolve the blinking red light issue. Moreover, it’s important to remember to not interrupt the update process, as this could cause a problem with your extender and you may not be able to fix it. However, if you still face the problem, then feel free to contact our technical team who are always at peak to assist you.