Nighthawk R7960P Setup | X6S AC3600
Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 R7960P tri-band WiFi router comes with high-power amplifiers and antennas, providing you an extended WiFi coverage. Its smart connect function chooses the fastest 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi band for every device in your house for optimum speeds. As soon as you are done with the Netgear Nighthawk R7960P setup, you will enjoy online gaming, ultra-smooth streaming, and a lot more.
Don’t know how to setup Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 R7960P WiFi router? Fret not! This post will let you know each and every step involved in the Nighthawk X6S R7960P setup process. Continue reading.
Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 Setup Steps
For the convenience of users, we have divided the complete Nighthawk R7960P AC3600 setup process into two modules – Setup Step A and Setup Step B respectively.
Setup Step A- Netgear Router Configuration
Prior to the Netgear Nighthawk R7960P setup, you need to physically connect your router using these means:
- Remove any cables connecting to your Windows or Mac system. Plug the modem into a power source and check the power LED on it to ensure that the modem is on.
- Connect the router. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and another end into the internet port on the R7960P router. The internet port is slightly set apart from the rest of the ports.
- Plug the R7960P router’s power adapter into the wall socket and check the power light to ensure that the router is on.
Setup Step B: Netgear R7960P Router Login
- Connect a computer to the Netgear X6S AC3600 R7960P router and launch a web browser. You can choose between Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com and hit Enter.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password. Enter the default Nighthawk R7960P login credentials.
- Click on Log In.
- The Netgear Nighthawk R7960P setup wizard displays.
Once you are on the Netgear AC3600 X6S setup portal, follow on-screen instructions to make your router up and running in no time.
Still unable to setup your Nighthawk R7960P router? Get immediate technical assistance from our experts.
Netgear Nighthawk R7960P Manual
In the package of Nighthawk X6S AC3600 smart WiFi router, you will get the Netgear Nighthawk R7960P manual. This manual contains the complete steps and guidelines for Netgear AC3600 router setup.
However, non-techies may find the steps given in the Nighthawk X6S manual a bit difficult. If you want to perform Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 R7960P setup without any hassle, then better to get in touch with our expert technicians.
Our experts will guide you with each and every step related to the Nighthawk X6S AC3600 router setup so that you can make your device up and running without making much effort.
Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 Setup via Nighthawk App
The Nighthawk app allows you to set up and configure your Netgear R7960P router with ease. All you need to do is:
- Plug your Nighthawk X6S R7960P AC3600 WiFi router into a power outlet and turn it on.
- Wait until you see the green LED on your X6S WiFi router.
- Now, navigate to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store as per the availability of your smart device.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk App.
- From the search results, select the app and download it.
- As soon as the Nighthawk app installs properly, you will be asked to accept terms and conditions to proceed further.
- Do the same! To perform Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 R7960P router setup, follow the on-screen prompts.
This is how the Netgear Nighthawk app helps you install your Netgear X6S AC3600 router.
Just in case you need any help while doing the Netgear R7960P setup using the Nighthawk app, contact our expert technicians.
How to Update Netgear Nighthawk R7960P Firmware?
Updating the firmware helps you resolve various Netgear Nighthawk R7960P setup issues, adds new features and functions, and comes with bug fixes. Here’s how to update Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3600 R7960P firmware:
- Download the latest firmware version available for your AC3600 R7960P WiFi router.
- Log in to your wireless router’s web configuration page.
- Navigate to the Advanced option once logged in.
- Hit the “Firmware update” option.
- Choose Upload and select the file you downloaded earlier.
You’re done with the Nighthawk R7960P router firmware update. If you need any assistance while updating the firmware of your Nighthawk R7960P router, feel free to get in touch with our experts.
Common Issues During the Nighthawk X6S AC3600 R7960P Setup
Here are the most common issues experienced by users while performing the Nighthawk R7960P setup:
- Netgear AC3600 R7960P IP issues
- Netgear AC3600 Router Error 651
- Cannot find or connect to routerlogin.net
- Nighthawk X6S AC3600 Router Slow WiFi
- 404 error
- Netgear Router AC3600 Orange Light issue
- Cannot access routerlogin.net
- AC3600 X6S admin password issues
- Netgear R7960P router’s default username and password not working
- Can’t login to Nighthawk router account
- Routerlogin.net not working
- Unable to open Netgear Nighthawk X6S login page
- Routerlogin net browser installation issues
- Can’t access routerlogin address
- How to setup Netgear Nighthawk AC3600 modem router
- Lost or forgot Nighthawk X6S login credentials
If you are facing any of the Netgear Nighthawk X6S setup issues listed above, worry not! Our expert technicians are always on their toes to help you. Contact us now!
Netgear Nighthawk R7960P Troubleshooting
If you want to fix Netgear AC3600 R7960P Nighthawk router setup issues on your own, then try using the troubleshooting steps listed below:
- First of all, ensure that the Nighthawk AC3600 R7960P router is getting adequate power supply.
- Keep a visible distance between the Netgear X6S AC3600 router and modem. This will ensure that their WiFi signals are not clashing.
- Check all the cable connections, including the power cable and the Ethernet cable.
- Don’t use damaged cables.
- In case you have many devices currently connected with your AC3600 network, turn off the devices that are not in use.
- If routerlogin net not working, check the web browser first. The web browser you are using must not be outdated.
- Clear cache and cookies from your web browser.
- Establish a hardwired connection if you’re connected via wireless.
- Disable proxy servers, if using.
- Reboot the Nighthawk X6S R7960P router as well as your modem.
- For lost credentials issue, hard reset your X6S router and then perform the Netgear AC3600 setup again.
- Netgear AC3600 router orange light errors can be eliminated by identifying and troubleshooting various connectivity issues with it.
- If the Netgear AC3600 router’s default username and password are not working, double-check the credentials from the X6S manual.
- To resolve VPN issues during the Nighthawk R7960P Setup, disable the firewall.
- For Netgear 404 error, check the DNS servers and hard refresh the web page.
- To deal with Netgear AC3600 router error 651, reinstall the network adapter driver manager under the control panel and update the firmware of your AC3600 router.
We hope that most of the issues have been fixed by following the Netgear Nighthawk R7960P AC3600 troubleshooting steps given above. Just in case, if you are facing any other issue or can’t troubleshoot your X6S AC3600 router from your own, you can anytime reach out to our expert technicians for immediate assistance.