Netgear WiFi Not Working After Firmware Update?
Users prefer performing Netgear router firmware update in order to enhance the performance of their devices. However, what if the process of firmware update becomes a problem itself? It has been found that many router users have been struggling with the Netgear WiFi not working issue right after performing firmware update.
If you are also stuck in the same mess, consider walking through this post. Here, we have talked about some of the most effective troubleshooting hacks following which you will surely be able to get rid of the issue at hand. Thus, stick to reading.
Fixed: Netgear WiFi Not Working Issue
Reboot Your Netgear Router
One of the biggest reasons why you are struggling with the Netgear WiFi not working issue is because of technical glitches. But, worry not. These glitches can be taken care of by rebooting your Netgear wireless router.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot or restart your Netgear wireless router:
- Disconnect your Netgear wireless router from the existing modem.
- Power off your router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your router back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Reconnect your Netgear wireless router to the existing modem.
Note: Whether you have configured a Netgear AC2100 smart WiFi router or any other model at home, the process of rebooting will remain the same for all.
Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem is damaged or worn out from some point.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you replace the cable you are currently using with a brand new one. Want to opt for an easier option? Well then, connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
Avoid Signal Interference
WiFi interference can also prevent your Netgear router from performing well. Thus, make sure that your device is not placed anywhere near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminium studs, concrete walls, corners, and utensils containing water.
Once you are done following these troubleshooting hacks, try updating the firmware of your Netgear router to the latest version by following the hacks mentioned below.
How to Perform Netgear Router Firmware Update?
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into a power socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for some time and let the power LED become green.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the router and another to the modem.
Note: Make sure that the connection between your wireless devices not loose.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser. Ensure that it is updated.
- In the address bar of the browser, type routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear router login page.
- Login to Nighthawk router using the admin username and password.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Upgrade.
In some time, the firmware of your Netgear wireless router will get updated to the latest version using the Manual method. Now, check whether you are still having a hard time with the Netgear WiFi not working issue. Are you? By the chance, the answer is yes, it is recommended that you get in touch with our technical experts. They don’t care at what hour of the day you ping them, they are always on the ball to help out struggling users like you.
Netgear router another way to get rid off slow internet issue is to relocate it