Netgear EX6120 Setup | AC750
If you are looking for a way to get rid of crawling WiFi, then consider performing Netgear EX6120 setup. Configuring an EX6120 AC750 wireless range extender will extend the WiFi range of your existing network and spread it in every corner of your home.
Don’t’ know how to perform Netgear AC750 EX6120 setup? Gotcha! Here, we will provide you with the guidelines to install an EX6120 extender with ease. So, read on.
Netgear EX6120 Manual | AC750
Along with the Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender, you’ll get a user manual. This manual contains the complete Netgear extender setup steps and how to use various features of your device. It is important to go through this manual before getting down to the setup process.
However, sometimes, the instructions mentioned in the manual seem difficult for novice users to understand. But, worry not, in order to get the Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender up and running within a matter of minutes, it is recommended that you get our expert’s guidance.
Netgear AC750 EX6120 Setup via WPS Method
Also known as WiFi-Protected Setup, the WPS method is one of the easiest ways to set up an extender.
Here are the steps to configure the Netgear EX6120 range extender using the WPS method:
- Plug your Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender into a wall outlet and power it on.
- Wait for the LED light to become solid green.
- Next, locate the WPS button on your wireless range extender.
- Carefully press it and then relocate your Netgear EX6120 extender.
Note: Follow these instructions in the same order as they are written. Otherwise, it won’t take much time for you to run into technical issues.
In this manner, you’ll be able to perform Netgear EX6120 setup using the WPS method. In case you get stuck at any point while trying to set up the extender, feel free to reach out to our well-versed technicians.
Netgear AC750 EX6120 Setup Using Manual Method
This one is the most used method to set up a Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender. Follow the steps given below and learn how to set up EX6120 extender using the Manual method:
- First of all, make sure that your extender is receiving an adequate power supply from the wall outlet.
Note: Ensure that the wall outlet is in good condition. Otherwise, you might encounter technical issues.
- Once assured, grab an Ethernet cable and create a connection between your Netgear EX6120 extender and the wireless router.
- Now, open your computer.
- Launch a web browser on your device and access mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, enter the default login credentials and click Log In.
- Choose the WiFi network you want to extend and click Save.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete performing Netgear AC750 EX6120 setup.
We hope that after following these instructions, you’ll be able to configure EX6120 range extender using the Manual method with ease.
Netgear AC750 EX6120 Setup Using Nighthawk App
By following the below-mentioned guidelines, you’ll be able to configure Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender using the Nighthawk app:
Note: The Netgear Nighthawk application operates on both Android and Apple devices.
- Unlock your mobile phone.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap Download and wait for the application to get installed.
Note: Avoid performing any background activities on your device while the Netgear Nighthawk application is in the process of getting installed.
- Next, create a Netgear account using your full name, email address, and password.
- Log in to your Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender using the default admin details.
- Tap Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, follow the on-screen instructions.
Although performing Netgear AC750 EX6120 setup using the Nighthawk app is not that difficult, however, if you need any help during the process, get in touch with our technicians at any hour of the day.
Common Netgear AC750 EX6120 Setup Issues
While configuring the Netgear EX6120 wireless range extender, users come across various technical issues. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Blinking power LED light on the Netgear extender
- Netgear extender IP issues
- Netgear 404 error
- The default web address is not working
- Can’t access Netgear AC750 EX6120 login page
- Netgear Genie smart setup wizard not opening
- Netgear EX6120 extender not connecting to the router
- Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender connected but no internet
- LEDs on the extender are not stable
- 192.168.1.250 default IP not working
- WiFi connectivity issues
- The Netgear AC750 login password not working
- AC750 EX6120 extender keeps dropping connection
- Netgear extender keeps rebooting
If you are also baffled by any of these issues, then consider following the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Netgear AC750 EX6120 Setup Issues
There are a number of ways through which you can fix the Netgear AC750 EX6120 setup issues on your own. Some of them are listed below:
- Make sure that your Netgear EX6120 extender and your WiFi router are receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from their respective wall sockets.
- Ensure that the power cable as well as the Ethernet cable is not damaged from anywhere.
- If you are not certain regarding the default username and password of your Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender, consider referring to the user manual.
- No matter what web browser you are using, make sure that it is updated.
- Disable firewall and antivirus software on your device.
- To get rid of the Netgear 404 error, check the DNS server and refresh the web page.
- If you have too many devices connected to the network of your extender, turn off the ones that are not in use.
- Consider restarting your Netgear wireless range extender to fix connectivity issues.
- If you are unable to access mywifiext.net, consider using the default IP address instead to log in to your wireless device.
- Make sure that your extender is kept away from devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser that you are using to access mywifiext.net.
- Ensure that your Netgear AC750 EX6120 extender is running on an updated firmware version.
Here’s to hope that these troubleshooting tips will help you resolve whatever issues you are facing during the process of Netgear AC750 EX6120 setup.
How to Update Netgear EX6120 Extender Firmware?
If your Netgear AC750 EX6120 range extender is not giving you the desired results, then it’s probably because its firmware needs an update. Therefore, update the firmware of your device to the latest version by following the below-mentioned instructions:
- Switch on your computer and launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type 192.168.1.250.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Once logged in, head over to the Settings menu.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete updating the firmware of your Netgear EX6120 extender.
And that’s it! In this way, you’ll be able to perform Netgear extender firmware update in a hassle-free manner. On the off chance, you find yourself struggling through the process; don’t hesitate to contact our experts. They are available 24/7 to assist you.