Netgear EX6110 Setup | AC1200
Perform the Netgear EX6110 setup and get the lightning WiFi speed throughout the home. Netgear AC1200 EX6110 extender is an AC dual-band wireless range extender that provides ultra-fast WiFi performance and delivers up to 1200 Mbps speed. What’s more, it is capable of working with all standard WiFi routers.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender model EX6110 makes use of both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands to get connected with your current wireless network and strengthen the signal to reach every corner of your house.
In this post, we will shed some light on the Netgear AC1200 EX6110 WiFi range extender setup process. Let’s get started.
Netgear AC1200 Setup (EX6110) Using WPS Method
Follow the step-by-step guide for doing the Netgear Nighthawk AC1200 Setup using WPS:
- Place your WiFi extender close to your existing WiFi router. If possible, keep both the devices in the same room.
- Plug your Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender into a power outlet. The power outlet should be working accurately.
- Wait for the Power LEDs on it to light up.
- Press the WPS button on the AC1200 extender.
- On the off chance if the Link Status LED lights white, it shows that the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: In the event that your WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band, your EX6110 WiFi extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your AC1200 extender doesn’t connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time during the Netgear EX6110 setup, get in touch with our experts.
- Move your AC1200 range extender to a new location anywhere in your home.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device and connect it to the extended network.
How to Perform Netgear EX6110 Setup Using Web Interface?
In order to perform the Netgear EX6110 setup using the default web interface, go through the below-given instructions:
- Place your Netgear AC1200 EX6110 extender closer to your existing WiFi router.
- Plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to turn green.
- Connect your router to the EX6110 extender through an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser and go to default web address to access the Netgear AC1200 EX6110 login page.
- The Netgear installation assistant appears.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear AC1200 extender setup (EX6110).
- Move your AC1200 extender to a new location in your home.
- After you find the best location for your AC1200 EX6110 extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
That’s how you can perform Netgear EX6110 setup. In case you can’t successfully complete the Netgear extender AC1200 setup process, feel free to connect to our veteran experts via chat or email.
Common Netgear AC1200 EX6110 WiFi Extender Setup Issues
Here is a list of all common issues experienced by users during the Netgear AC1200 EX6110 WiFi extender setup process:
- Connected to Netgear EX6110 extender but can’t access internet
- EX6110 AC1200 WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Unable to access the Netgear extender’s default web address
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear WiFi extender EX6110 setup
- Can’t access default web address after updating the EX6110 firmware
- WiFi extender EX6110 won’t connect to internet
- Netgear AC1200 EX6110 not working
- Not able to log in to Netgear EX6110 AC1200 extender
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Internet connected but not working
Troubleshooting Netgear EX6110 Setup Issues
Users often experience issues during the Netgear EX6110 setup and installation process. Are you also one of them? If yes, walk through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix common Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi extender setup issues:
- Place your Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender at a far distance from metal objects, walls, room corners, fish tanks, microwave ovens, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, aluminum studs, etc.
- Be sure to connect your device to a high-speed internet connection only.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the Netgear EX6110 extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Make sure that the WiFi extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- If you are getting issues with default web address, ensure that you have entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear EX6110 extender login.
- Reboot your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 extender once and try again setting it up.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your AC1200 extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your Netgear EX6110 setup issues? Don’t panic. Just reach out to us for immediate assistance.