How to Reset Nighthawk Router: The Ultimate Guide
Whether your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router is not working properly or it suddenly starts behaving weird, then it’s time to restore its default factory settings. Resetting Netgear Nighthawk wireless router is not rocket science. If truth be told, it is pretty easy to reset the Nighthawk router. However, a little caution is required. Let’s take every lid off from the Netgear Nighthawk reset process.
When is the Reset Process Mandatory for Your Nighthawk Router?
You must reset Nighthawk router in the following conditions:
- Nighthawk router is not working properly
- The router is not connected
- Netgear Nighthawk router is connected but no internet
- You are seeing blinking LEDs on the router
- Slow internet even after proper Netgear Nighthawk router setup
- Lost Netgear router login credentials
If you are facing one of the aforementioned issues, then you need to reset your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router back to its default factory settings.
Things to Know Before Netgear Nighthawk Router Reset
As we have mentioned earlier, a little caution is required before getting started
with the reset process. Given that the Netgear Nighthawk router reset process deletes all the customized settings of your router, including password and network name, so it is recommended you to take a backup of all your Netgear router’s current settings.
Once done with the reset, you can restore this backup easily without the need of manually configuring your router again.
In case you want to save yourself from the hassle of backup and restore, take a pen and paper and note down all the current setting values of your router. After the reset process, you can easily configure your router with the help of the setting values you noted down.
How to Reset Nighthawk Router?
You can reset the Nighthawk router via two methods: using the Reset button and via the router’s web user interface. Let’s help you with both of the methods:
1. Using the Reset Button
Walk through the steps mentioned below to reset your Nighthawk wireless router using the Reset button:
- Ensure that your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router is powered on and showing a green LED light.
- Locate the Reset button on it.
- Once found, grab a pin or paper clip and use it to press the Reset button.
- Let the router reboot itself.
Done! Your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router has been reset to the default factory settings. Now, reconfigure your router via the routerlogin interface as per your WiFi requirements.
2. Via the Router’s Web User Interface
If you find the aforementioned method a bit tricky for you, use the router’s web user interface to reset your Netgear Nighthawk device. Here are the steps to consider:
- Plug in your Nighthawk wireless router to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Connect it to the home WiFi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, turn on WiFi on your computer and connect to a reliable network.
- Access your preferred web browser.
- Use the keyboard and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Wait for a few seconds and let the Netgear login web page load properly.
- Enter the username and password into the given fields.
- Once logged in, go to Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Factory Reset button.
- Let the router reset.
That’s all! Your Netgear Nighthawk router has been restored its default factory settings. Now, you have to reconfigure your router in accordance with your WiFi needs.