How to Connect Netgear Router to Modem Wirelessly?
Looking for the best guide to know how to connect Netgear router to modem wirelessly? Then you are at the right place. In this blog, we will introduce you to effective methods that will assist you to connect your devices wirelessly.
You can easily make the wireless connection between your Netgear router and host modem with the assistance of the methods given in this post. You just need to read the blog and follow one method so that you will be on the internet in no time. So, without consuming more time, let’s dig in!
[Methods] How to Connect Netgear Router to Modem Wirelessly?
Well, three effective methods will be available for you to make the wireless connection between your devices. The names of the methods are manual, WPS Button, and Nighthawk app. All the procedure is straightforward. You just need to perform one of them as per your comfort. Now, learn how to connect the Netgear router to the modem via the manual method. The influencing points are elaborated in upcoming paragraphs.
Manual Method to Connect Netgear Router
To your knowledge, manual method is also known as the web interface method. In this method, you need to get access to the Nighthawk router login page by using the default web address.
- Initially, unbox your Netgear router.
- Pass the constant power supply to make the router power on.
Note: Giving a fluctuation-free power supply to the router is very important, so use a good-condition wall outlet.
- Push down the turn-on button.
- Connect the router and modem wirelessly.
- Switch on your system like computer or laptop for the further process.
- Launch the latest version of internet browser in your system.
- Now, insert the web address into the address bar.
Note: In case you do not remember your default address and have a doubt, then you can take the assistance of the Netgear user manual that comes with your router.
- Press down Enter button.
- The Netgear router login panel will appear. Put the default credentials into the on-screen fields.
- Click on Log In button.
Now, the Nighthawk router dashboard will open, here you need to follow the instructions to complete the process.
Hence, these are the steps of the manual method to connect the router to the modem wirelessly. In case you face any issues, then you can contact our technical and skilled experts to solve the issue in less time.
Now, in the next section we will discuss Netgear Nighthawk app to learn how to connect Netgear router to modem wireless.
Netgear Nighthawk App to Connect Netgear Router
You can also use the Nighthawk app, if you don’t want to use the above-mentioned process. Netgear Nighthawk not only assists you to connect your router with your modem wirelessly but also gives you many features that you can use to enhance the internet experience better.
The following steps will guide you appropriately:
- First, you need to grab the phone in your hand.
- Open the application store on your smart phone.
Note: You need to open the Google Play Store if you are an Android user. Or if you are an iOS user then you need to open the Apple App Store.
- Once you open the app store, you need to search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Download the app and install it successfully on your device.
- Now, launch the app on your smart phone and create the account by giving your details.
Note: We suggest you fill in your currently using email in the field to notify us of the updates as well as the router.
- Log in using the admin details and the Nighthawk router dashboard will appear in front of you.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to connect the router and modem.
Thus, you only need to perform these steps to make a wireless connection between the devices. Now let’s, move on to the last method which is the WPS method. This method is for those users who have a WPS button-authorized device.
WPS Button Method
WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. This method is one of the most preferable by the users of Netgear. You just need to follow the three steps. The steps are mentioned below:
- First, you need to place your router and modem close.
- Now, locate the WPS button on the device.
- Once you found the WPS button, press it until you see the light on the device.
These are the steps that you need to perform.
Now, you know clearly, how to connect Netgear router to modem hassle-free in less time. Once you make the connection between the devices, you can enjoy fast internet speed.
In case you face any issue related to the aforementioned methods then you can contact our experts to short-out the issue.