How do I Reset My Nighthawk WiFi Extender?
Extender reset process deletes all your personalized settings, including the extender’s username, password, network name (SSID), and security settings. A factory reset process is necessary when you fail to recover your extender’s admin details.
There are two simple ways through which you can reset your Nighthawk extender back to factory default settings.
- First, by pressing the Reset button.
- Second, by using the web user interface (GUI).
Using the Factory Reset button
- Make sure that your extender is receiving a proper power supply.
- Look for a thin object like a pin or paper clip.
- Locate the Factory Reset hole on your extender.
- Press and hold the extender’s reset button using the thin object.
- Release the Factory Reset button and wait for some time for your extender to reboot.
- Once rebooted, your extender is back to its factory default settings.
Using Web GUI
- Connect your main router to the WiFi range extender.
- Open an internet browser on a computer or laptop such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera Mini, or Google Chrome.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the internet browser’s address bar.
- On the Netgear extender login page, type your device’s admin details and click Log In.
- Genie setup page displays.
- Click on Settings > Other Settings.
- Once done, click on Reset and after that, hit on Yes to proceed.
Wait for some time and let the web user interface to finish resetting the extender to factory default settings.
Once your extender gets reset successfully, you can take the plunge to set up your Nighthawk extender.
How to Setup Nighthawk Extender?
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
- Place your Nighthawk device in reach of your WiFi router.
- Plug them both into an electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED on your Nighthawk extender to light green.
- Connect your router and Nighthawk extender via Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser and enter mywifiext.net or extender IP address.
- Extender installation page displays.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Nighthawk extender to your home WiFi network.
Move your extender to a new location that should be halfway between your main router and the area with poor internet signals.
- The location you choose for your extender must be within the range of your existing router’s WiFi network. The Link Status LED helps you choose an optimal place where the extender-to-router connection is good.
- On the off chance, if you get a poor connection or no connection, move your extender closer to the router and try again until the Link Status LED on your Nighthawk extender lights white.
- Once you find the best location for your extender, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s WiFi network.
Want friendly, one-on-one help for a hassle-free Nighthawk setup? Our expert technicians can help.