Guidelines to Enable Netgear Auto Firmware Update Feature
After performing Netgear extender setup, a number of users find the process of manually updating the extender’s firmware difficult to execute. Recently, a lot of complaints have been piling up in the community section regarding this. Taking this into consideration, we have penned up this post. Here, we have talked about how to enable Netgear auto firmware update on an extender. By enabling this feature, the firmware of your range extender will get updated on its own whenever a new version is available. In other words, you can skip the manual labor work and wait for the magic to unfold.
Before Getting Started
Enabling the Netgear auto firmware update feature on your extender is useless if you do not reset your device first. Now, you might be thinking why that needs to be done right? Well, this is because; auto firmware update can only be enabled while you are setting up your device. And considering you have already done that, a reset is required.
Once you are done restoring your device to the factory default settings, follow the steps given below in order to enable Netgear auto firmware update.
How to Enable Netgear Auto Firmware Update?
- Look for a damage-free power outlet in your house.
- Whenever you find it, plug your Netgear wireless extender into a wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Connect the extender and router using an Ethernet cable.
- The Ethernet cable should not have any deep cuts in it.
- Switch on your computer after that. You can also use a laptop if you want.
- Now, we recommend that you open Google Chrome on your system.
- At the top of the browser, you need to locate the address bar.
- Once you find it, enter mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login will appear in no time.
- Put the default admin login credentials to use.
- Right after getting redirected to the BASIC Home screen, click Advanced.
- Select the Administration option, and then, click on the Extender Update button.
- The Extender Update page reveals.
- Scroll down and find the Extender Auto Firmware Update section.
- To enable it, select the Enable radio button.
- Hit Apply and let the settings will get saved.
In this way, within no time, you will be able to enable the Netgear auto firmware update feature on your wireless range extender.
By any chance, you get stuck with the Netgear firmware update failed issue during this process; feel free to refer to the steps mentioned in the below-given section.
Can’t Enable Auto Firmware Update Failed?
1. Check the Power Supply
To gain Netgear firmware update success, a proper power supply is pretty important. Thus, check whether your extender is properly connected to the wall outlet or not. If not, you need to change that right away by plugging your extender into a different power socket.
2. Maintain a Finger-Tight Connection
Another thing that needs to be done to troubleshoot the Netgear auto firmware update failed issue is to ensure a stable connection between the extender and router. For that, you ought to make sure that the cable is tightly connected to the ports of both devices.
3. Keep the WiFi Devices in Proximity
The Netgear extender is supposed to be kept near the host router so that the transmission of signals between them happens with proper flow. But, it looks like this was not done by you; otherwise, the firmware update process would not have failed. Therefore, consider bringing both your networking devices a little close to each other.
4. Get Rid of WiFi Interference
Pay attention to the location of your extender. Is it also giving space to cordless phones, baby monitors, washing machines, and Bluetooth speakers to reside? Well, that is exactly what should not have happened. So, it is recommended that you change the location of your wireless range extender without wasting any more time.
Right after you are done going through these, see if enabling the Netgear auto firmware update feature on your extender is possible in a hassle-free manner.
Need More Help?
Although we think that the aforementioned guidelines might have successfully helped you to enable Netgear auto firmware update, in case you are still experiencing issues during the process, getting in touch with our technical experts is recommended. Trust us; in no way possible they will disappoint you.