Facing Netgear Router Red Light Issue? Here’s the Fix!
Netgear Nighthawk routers are one of the most excellent WiFi devices in the industry nowadays. However, many users have filed complaints regarding the issues they are facing with their Netgear routers. And the Netgear router blinking red issue is at the top of the list. Are you struggling with the same issue? If yes, look no further than this post. Here, we’ve mentioned some troubleshooting tips that’ll surely assist you to get rid of the Netgear router red light issue. So, read on.
[Solved] Netgear Router Red Light Issue
Check the Power Supply
Before you get down to any other troubleshooting step, check whether your Netgear wireless router is recieving an adequate power supply or not. Chances are that the wall socket into which your wireless device is plugged in is damaged. Thereby, becoming the number one reason behind the red light issue.
If what we are saying is true, then it is recommended that you either get your current wall socket repaired or plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into another one.
Verify the Ethernet Connection
Another thing that you can check to get rid of the Netgear router red light issue is the connection between your WiFi devices. Is your router and modem connected properly? Is the Ethernet cable connecting them is in good shape?
If you are not nodding your head in yes, then it’s time that you change the cable connecting your wireless devices with a new one. Just make sure that the Ethernet cable you use this time is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router is another thing that can help you troubleshoot the Netgear router red light issue. Not just that but performing router firmware update will also improve the overall performance of your device.
So, quit waiting and update the firmware of your Netgear wireless router by following the guidelines mentioned below:
- Launch an internet browser on your PC.
- Whatever web browser you use, ensure that it is updated.
- Access the Nighthawk router login page.
- Enter the default admin details of your device and hit Log In.
- Navigate to Settings and select Administration.
- Click the Firmware Update button and follow the on-screen prompts.
Now, check whether you are able to resolve the Netgear router red light issue or not. No? Well, in that case, either get in touch with our technical experts or give the next step a try.
Reset Your Nighthawk Router
Lastly, if you are still stuck with the Netgear router red light issue, then we’re sorry to say, but you have no other option than to reset your device.
Walk through the following instructions to restore your home router to the default factory mode:
- Open an internet browser on your system.
- In the address bar, type routerlogin.net and press Enter to proceed.
- Use the default username and password of your router to access the Netgear router setup wizard.
- Go to Advanced > Administration > Reset.
- If you are sure about resetting your wireless router, click Yes to confirm.
- Wait patiently for some time and let your device get restored to the default mode.
Note: After you’ve reset your router, access the routerlogin page and reconfigure it.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post will help you get rid of the Netgear router red light issue. On the off chance, you’re struggling with the same annoying issue, then we recommend you to reach out to our well-versed technical experts.