Detailed Guide to Resolve Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
If the LED on your Netgear WiFi router is green in color, it signifies that the connection between your router and the devices connected to it is good. However, if the LED on your home router is blinking orange, then you’re in trouble. But, worry not because our experts are here to assist you. In this post, we have come up with some tips that will surely help you troubleshoot the Netgear router orange light issue in a matter of minutes. So, read on.
Tips to Resolve Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
Tip1 – Reboot Your Netgear Router
Restarting the device is the first thing that comes to mind whenever it starts acting out, isn’t it? Well, looks like you need to do the same thing with your Netgear Nighthawk router. So, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to reboot your wireless device:
- Disconnect all the devices connected to your Netgear router’s network.
- Power off your Netgear router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Let your device rest for some time.
- Then, plug your router back into the wall outlet and press the Power button.
- Wait some time and the LED lights turn green.
Are you still going nuts because of the Netgear router orange light issue? If yes, then you should continue reading.
Tip 2 – Check the Internet Connection
A weak internet connection is the culprit behind various technical issues. Chances are that you are struggling with the Netgear router orange light issue because of the same reason. Thus, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider right away!
What happened? Is everything fine from his end? Well, then check the connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem. If the cable connecting your devices has any cuts, use a new cable to connect them.
Tip 3 – Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating Netgear firmware update not just fixes bugs and technical glitches but also enhances the overall performance of your router. Therefore, make sure that the firmware of your wireless device is updated to thelatest version.
If not, to update the firmware of your home router, follow the steps mentioned here:
- Make sure that your router is getting an adequate power supply from the wall socket.
- Also, ensure that your Nighthawk router and modem are connected properly.
- Once you’ve taken care of both these things, open an updated internet browser on your laptop.
- Access the Netgear Nighthawk router login page using the default web address.
- Once logged in, go to Settings, click Maintenance, and select Firmware Update.
Are you still trying hard to get rid of the Netgear router orange light issue? If yes, then stop wasting your time and get in touch with our technical experts.
Tip 4 – Reset and Reconfigure the Router
If you haven’t configured your Netgear Nighthawk router properly, the orange LED will continue to appear on it. Thus, reset your Netgear router and set it up again.
Here is how you can reset your Netgear Nighthawk device:
- Look at all the sides of your device and try to locate the Reset button.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Use an oil pin, a paper clip, a toothpick, or any other sharp object to get the job done.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Now that you have restored your device to the factory default settings, reconfigure it using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Need More Help?
Hopefully, with the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post, you’ll be able to say goodbye to the Netgear router orange light issue. On the off chance, you’re still annoyed because of the same, then remember that our technical experts are available 24×7.